Teach at Atlas Dublin
We are seeking teachers with CertTESOL / CELTA / DipTESOL / DELTA qualifications (or equivalent alternative) to join our teaching team. We are looking for teachers who are enthusiastic, flexible, professional and dedicated team players.
Teachers of English to adults (year-round)
The adult year-round school is located in Portobello House right in front of the Grand Canal in Portobello in Dublin 2. You’d be responsible for planning and delivering quality communicative lessons that engage and challenge your students. The students are adults of all ages from all over the world on both short-term and long-term courses.
What we offer…
- Guaranteed weekly hours for predictable income
- Permanent contracts (no signing on at Christmas)
- Within working time rules (scheduled breaks and minimum rest periods)
- On payroll with employer PRSI paid and access to pension scheme (PRSA)
- Pay scales for service and qualification-based promotions from 20 Euros per hour to €26.25 Euros per hour
- Annual leave (1.66 days per month / 20 days a year)
- Paid bank holidays, even if they do not fall on your normal scheduled work days, e.g., at Christmas (10 per year once you have worked 40 hours in the previous 5 weeks)
- Paid sick days (3 statutory since January 2022, goes to 5 days in 2024, 7 in 2025 and 10 days in 2026)
- Diverse teaching team. Hiring based on qualifications / competence, not nationality
- Paid teacher induction / training provided (initially and ongoing)
- 1.5 hours paid admin per week (@ your teaching rate)
- Wide selection of resources and space in the teachers’ rooms to prep
- Written syllabus, course guides for teachers, and all students have course books
- Kitchen facilities for teachers and cafe for teachers and students
- Landmark building in a great location next to the Grand Canal
Teachers of English to juniors (summer only)
The Atlas Junior centres in Ireland (Rathmines, Dublin 6) and in the UK (Chichester) deliver a range of courses to 11 to 17 year-olds on short summer programmes. We start recruiting for these centres from January each year.
Evening English teachers (year-round)
We run part-time General English and Cambridge English exam classes two evenings per week. The classes run on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6.30pm to 8.30pm.
Modern Language Teachers (year-round)
We also run part-time Modern Language classes in French, German, Portuguese, Italian, and Spanish. The classes run on Tuesdays and/or Thursdays, 6.30pm to 8.30pm.
Atlas Professional (In-Company) Teachers (year-round)
Our Atlas Professional service offers in-company Business English and MFL classes in and around the Dublin area. The classes are offered either intensively over a short period or extensively over a longer period.
What You’ll Do
Plan and deliver motivating and challenging lessons.
Adapt your teaching style to meet the needs of students from a variety of countries and cultural backgrounds.
Develop a positive rapport with both students and other staff members.
Bring open thinking and a willingness to develop to your teaching.
Select and adapt supplementary teaching materials that provide your students with opportunities to produce language in a meaningful way.
Assist, from time to time, with course development through participation in level and course evaluations.
You’ll rock at this if:
You can confidently and effectively communicate ideas in easy to understand ways.
You are passionate about teaching and learning and developing your skills.
You value self-direction and creativity, and can work successfully with others.
You have held previous teaching posts elsewhere in Europe and/or further afield.
You love to give and receive honest, thoughtful feedback and are keen to take Continuous Professional Development opportunities.
If you have the skills and passion for teaching and learning to work with us, we’d love to hear from you. Apply to teach at Atlas!
We are offering internships in all our departments and are continuously looking for enthusiastic, friendly and detail-oriented interns who like to gain an insight into the running of a language school. Internships are available in both our all-year round locations: Ireland or Malta!
All our internship positions are long-term, i.e. you should be available 5-6 months and ideally bring the following characteristics:
- upper-intermediate to advanced English; knowledge of German, French, Italian, Spanish or Portuguese is a plus
- communicative, reliable, independent and able to take initiative
- team spirit, kindness and openness towards people from all over the world
- a good eye for detail while being able to multi-task
- strong interest in working in an international environment
- permission to work in Ireland
- experienced in working with Google Mail, drive, dropbox and interested in learning to use the school’s system
THE INTERNSHIP POSITIONS:
You will provide support for the administration of the school – from welcoming students at reception, answering enquiries (walk-in, phone calls), registering students, giving support to the Academic Team or providing help wherever it is needed during busy periods.
You will provide support for our Admissions Department which involves answering email enquiries, booking students into the school management system, looking after our student enrolments, preparing documentation for new and existing students, and communicating with agents and different departments of the school. We also have an Enquiries internship which is similar to the Admissions one, but with more sales involved and sometimes some elements of marketing.
Social Programme & Groups Department
You will work closely with the Groups and Social Programme Coordinator and will get involved with organising and booking social programme activities, liaising with group leaders and administering our social programme and our groups.
This internship aims at education-related students, graduates and young jobseekers who are interested in gaining experience in an international environment. You will learn about language course design and delivery and get an insight into the running of a language school from an academic point of view.
The intern will provide support to our Accommodation Department which involves looking after our host families and students regarding all aspects of their homestay. You will be working in close cooperation with our Admissions Department as well as with the Groups Department.
The intern will provide support to our Finance department by preparing invoices, keeping track of school spendings, following up on student payments and more. The finance intern will work closely with other departments, like admissions, front of house/reception and social programme/groups.
The intern will provide support to the Marketing manager carrying out different tasks like compiling online marketing reports and statistics, maintaining, editing and creating content, and other administrative marketing tasks. The intern will also help the Enquiries department when needed.
Hospitality Internship at the Residence
The hospitality intern will be providing effective and efficient day-to-day services to our international residents and assisting our team ensuring the residence’s general smooth functioning. The intern will gain first hand experience in many key hospitality skills as well as valuable insights while improving their level of English.
Malta General Internship
The intern provides support with the administration of the school. Helping at reception, answering phone calls and emails. Preparing welcome packs. Helping at the residence with check ins and check outs, cleaning and linen changes. Helping at the Atlas café. Helping students and leading social programme activities and more.
If you are interested in working with us, we’d love to hear from you. Apply for an internship at Atlas!
Become an Atlas Host Family!
If you are interested in hosting international students or if have any other questions please send us an email to email@example.com or simply fill in the form below. We are happy to hear from you!