Our Terms and Conditions
You can find all important with regard to our terms and conditions below. Also, you are welcome to download the PDF document at the bottom of the page.
The minimum age at our adult school is 18. In certain circumstances we may accept under 18 year olds on our adult programmes. Such students will only be enrolled on a course if their parents/legal guardians have completed and signed a Parental Consent form. By signing this form parents acknowledge that their child will be studying in an adult centre and that Atlas Language School are not legally responsible for the child.
We offer classes from Elementary to Advanced level. Please note that we do not accept absolute beginners.
A course consists of 20, 25 or 30 tuition hours, 55 minutes each.
Adult course fees include tuition, placement test, student welcome pack, free access to elective classes, wifi, use of computers, end of course certificate. A course registration fee of €65 is applicable to all courses. The cost for the course book is €35 per term.
All accommodation bookings with Atlas are subject to an accommodation placement fee of €65. Homestay accommodation is based on a 7 night stay starting from Saturday or Sunday whereas residential accommodation is based on a 7 night stay starting from Sunday.
A supplement of €50 per week will apply to students who are accommodated in a host family over the Christmas holidays (2 weeks). Please contact the school directly for full details of host family availability over this period. In case the school does not have any host family availability, students might be asked to move to one of the school’s student residences and the supplement will be refunded.
Homestay and residential accommodation require compliance with a set of guidelines set out by Atlas, the host families and the residence management. For further details, please contact the school.
Non-EEA students should contact their local Irish Embassy for visa requirements.
All non-EU students are advised to take out private medical insurance, which can be purchased through Atlas. Students from the EU should travel to Ireland with their European Health Insurance Card to cover public medical care.
New students should refer to their enrolment confirmation for course and accommodation dates. Please note that the invoice does not reflect the course dates but the date of enrolment.
Continuity of Enrolment
Enrolment of a current student will be terminated if:
- The student notifies Atlas Language School of his/her wish to terminate their enrolment;
- The student withdraws from their nominated course;
- Atlas Language School terminates the student’s enrolment or suspends or excludes the student in accordance with the provisions of our Policies and Procedures; or
- The student has completed all course requirements.
Refusal and Cancellation of Enrolment
Atlas Language School may cancel an enrolment, refuse to enrol, or refuse to re-enrol a person/student for the following reasons:
- The student has a Beginner level of English;
- We cannot accommodate absolute beginners but our courses star tat an Elementary level;
- Misconduct (refer to the section on Code of Behaviour);
- Failure to satisfy the minimum academic requirements for courses chosen;
- Failure to arrive on the commencement date;
- The student has gained admission by misrepresentation, falsification of documents or other
- Failure to fulfil the normal admission or enrolment requirements;
- Non-payment of tuition fees;
- Cancellation of a student’s visa;
- Other reasons as deemed by the school’s management.
All course fees should be paid in full at least 14 days prior to the student commencing their course.
Atlas have partnered with PaytoStudy to make international payments safe and easy.
Clients from non-EEA students can pay through PaytoStudy which allows you to pay by bank transfer, credit/ debit card.
For non-EEA students in Ireland on a student visa:
For visa required students, payment must be made at least 30 days before course commences so we can prepare the student acceptance letter. Please note that some visa applications need to be made several months in advance, so the payment has to be made accordingly.
Acceptance letters are only issued after full payment is received.
Clients from European countries can pay through PaytoStudy but if you want to pay by credit card this will be done directly through the school. Please note that payments by credit card will incur a 2% service charge.
For further details on the payment through PaytoStudy, please see:
4. Cancellation Policy
Tuition fees are non-refundable once a student has commenced their course. If a student cancels their course more than 7 days before the course commences, fees will be refunded with the exception of registration fees (course registration fee and accommodation placement fee where applicable).
If a student cancels their course less than 7 days before the course commences, fees will be refunded with the exception of registration fees and a cancellation charge of €150.
Course Cancellation in the event of visa refusal
All course fees are refunded with the exception of the enrolment fee, the accommodation placement fee (where applicable) and a cancellation charge of €150.
Putting a course on hold
In exceptional cases, a course can be put on hold for up to 12 months without any extra charge or increase in fees if the school is notified at least 2 weeks in advance of the course start. Please contact the school for further details.
If a course is postponed for more than 12 months after the initial course start dates, the regular cancellation fees apply and the booking will be seen as a new booking, i.e. new fees (course, accommodation, registration and placement fees, insurance and exam fee) will apply, if applicable.
If a course is postponed more than one time and the new course start date is more than 12 months after the very first course start date, cancellation fees and new fees (course, accommodation, registration and placement fees, insurance and exam fee) will apply, if applicable.
- If homestay accommodation is cancelled more than 7 days before arrival, all accommodation fees will be refunded with the exception of the accommodation placement fee.
- If homestay accommodation is cancelled less than 7 days before arrival, all accommodation fees will be refunded with the exception of the accommodation placement fee and one week’s accommodation.
- If homestay accommodation is postponed less than 7 days before arrival, the student will be charged for one week’s accommodation.
- If residential accommodation is cancelled more than 14 days before arrival, all accommodation fees will be refunded with the exception of the accommodation placement fee.
- If residential accommodation is cancelled less than 14 days before arrival, all accommodation fees will be refunded with the exception of the accommodation placement fee and one week’s accommodation.
- If residential accommodation is postponed less than 14 days before arrival, the student will be charged for one week’s accommodation.
- No refund will be made if a student makes alternative arrangements during the time of their stay.
- No allowance will be made for absence from accommodation during the time arranged or for late arrival or early departure.
Airport Pickup Cancellation
If a student does not arrive at airport due to cancelled or missed flight without notifying Atlas, no refund of the airport pickup fees can be made.
5. Holiday Policy
Holidays can be taken in one week blocks (Monday-Friday only), and you must notify the office in writing/by email in advance of your intention to use your holidays. Please note that holidays won’t be given after the week has already begun.
Holiday Policy for short-term (less than 25 weeks) students
Students on courses of 12 weeks or less
Generally, no holidays are allowed for students who are studying on courses that are less than 12 weeks.
Students studying on courses from 12 to 24 weeks
One week’s holiday is allowed for students who are studying on courses from 12 to 24 weeks. To request a holiday, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This request will be logged on the school online system. Holidays must be requested at least one week in advance.
Holiday Policy for long-term (25 weeks) non-EEA students
An Academic Year course lasts for 25 weeks after which students are entitled to take up to 10 weeks holiday before their visa expires. Normally Academic Year holidays are taken AFTER a student finishes their course. If students stay during the winter holidays, these two weeks of holidays are included in the 10 weeks of holidays, i.e. students only have 8 weeks of holidays after finishing their course. Also these two weeks of winter holidays do not need to be booked but are booked by default.
In the exceptional case where a long term non-EEA student wishes to take holidays during their course, this holiday period must be requested BEFORE starting their programme and/or registering with GNIB. In addition, holiday periods cannot at any point exceed 1/3 of the total weeks elapsed. This means that students need to have completed 9 weeks of their course before they can take holidays for the first time. After 9 weeks they can then take up to 3 weeks of holidays as they need to have studied 3 weeks for each week they want to take the holiday.
For Academic reasons students need to have 4 weeks of their course remaining, i.e. cannot take holidays in their final 4 weeks.
Early return from holidays is subject to availability of places in the school / class.
6. Further Conditions
- Registration will be confirmed for each student only upon receipt of completed Booking Form and full payment of fees.
- We do not accept responsibility for costs incurred due to flight delays or cancellations.
- We do not take responsibility for loss or theft of belongings.
- Refunds or partial refunds will not be given for Public Holidays, for days missed during the course or for late arrival or early departure.
- During peak times classes may be held at additional premises.
- If a student wishes to return to their home country or take holidays elsewhere during the term of their English Language Programme they are free to do so, but no credit will be given for missed study time.
- In the event that students are unable to attend lessons due to illness, these sick days will not be added to the end of the course period.
- Promotional Photographs and Videos: Atlas or its representatives may take photographs and videos of classes or other school activities during your time with us, which may be used for promotional purposes. If you do not wish to appear in any promotional materials, please advise us at the time of booking.
2018 Academic Calendar
|Term||Start Date||End Date||Weeks|
|1: Winter||Monday 8th January||Friday 29thMarch||12 weeks|
|2: Spring||Tuesday 3rd April||Friday 22nd June||12 weeks|
|3: Summer||Monday 25th June||Friday 21st September||13 weeks|
|4: Autumn||Monday 24th September||Friday 21st December||13 weeks|
|Closed||Monday 24th December||Friday 4th January||2 weeks|
|Winter 2019||Monday 7th January 2019|
2018 Bank Holidays
- New Year’s Day Monday, 1st January
- St. Patrick’s Day Monday, 19th March
- Good Friday * Friday, 30th March
- Easter Monday Monday, 2nd April
- May Day Monday, 17th May
- June Bank Holiday Monday, 4th June
- August Bank Holiday** Monday, 6th August
- October Bank Holiday Monday, 29th October
- Christmas Day Tuesday, 25th December
- St. Stephen’s Day Wednesday, 26th December
All information is correct at the time of going to print, December 2016.
* Good Friday is not a public holiday in Ireland, though like many schools and businesses we are closed on that day for a long Easter weekend.
** The school is closed for classes on the August Bank Holiday, but we will be open for placement testing, induction and orientation of new students starting their courses on that day.
You are welcome to download these terms and conditions as PDF document here: