What is TOEIC?
The TOEIC (Test Of English for International Communication) Listening and Reading Test is the world’s most widely-used test of workplace English. Recognised and trusted by many of the largest and most prestigious companies in Asia (China, Japan, Malaysia, South Korea, and Thailand), Europe (France), and South America (Chile), the TOEIC Listening and Reading Test can open test-takers greater career opportunities and improved competitiveness in today’s global working environment.
The TOEIC is one of the English-language exams offered by ETS Global, a non-profit organisation operating in over 60 countries worldwide.
The TOEIC Listening and Reading Test tests candidates’ proficiency in reading and listening comprehension in common life and work situations. Unfortunately, at Atlas we do not currently offer TOEIC Speaking and Writing Tests.
The Structure of the Exam
The TOEIC® Listening and Reading test is a paper-and-pencil, multiple-choice assessment. There are two timed sections of 100 questions each.
The test takes approximately 2½ hours, with:
- 45 minutes for Section I: Listening
- 75 minutes for Section II: Reading
- approximately 30 minutes to answer biographical questions
Section I: Listening
Test takers listen to a variety of questions and short conversations recorded in English, then answer questions based on what they have heard (100 items total).
- First Part – Photographs
- Second Part – Question Response
- Third Part – Conversations
- Forth Part – Short Talks
Section II – Reading Comprehension
Test takers read a variety of materials and respond at their own pace (100 items total).
- Fifth Part – Incomplete Sentences
- Sixth Part – Error Recognition or Text Completion
- Seventh Part – Reading Comprehension
- Listening Test scores are scaled from 5 – 495 with three proficiency descriptions provided.
- Reading Test scores are scaled from 5 – 495 with four proficiency descriptors provided.
- Total Test scores are scaled from 10 – 990.
TOEIC Listening and Reading Test scores are correlated with the CEFR.
TOEIC at Atlas Language School
Atlas Language School has been successfully offering and running TOEIC exams since 2012. Our monthly test dates are open to individuals or groups. Please send any enquiries to [email protected]
TOEIC exam in 2021 can be arranged on request. Tests usually take place on Wednesday afternoon, with a start time of 2.00pm. Group bookings are accepted. Please see below for current fees.
How much do I need to pay?
The fee is €130 per exam. Moreover, you will receive a score report. In addition there is a postage charge of €10 if you wish to have your score report sent directly to your home address.
€130 per test taker + €80 per exam room and Test Centre Administrator (Invigilator)
Once you have booked the exam we will send you an invoice with payment information.
You may pay by Bank Transfer or through PaytoStudy.
It is possible to arrange a payment by credit card or by cash here at the school. Please note that we can only confirm your place on the exam and finalise your exam registration once we have received payment. You have to send the payment before the registration deadline. In order to avoid disappointment and to secure your place on the exam we suggest registering early.
How can I prepare for the exam?
In order to get ready for your exam Atlas offers several options:
- TOEIC Plus exam preparation class (five hours weekly over two afternoons, usually Tuesday 2.00pm – 4.30pm and Thursday 2.00pm – 4.30pm).
- A full mock (practice) test in the week of your exam (as part of your course at Atlas).
- Top Tips blog posts with useful advice from experienced teachers aimed at ensuring you maximise your exam performance.
What do I need to bring on the day?
First of all, make sure you arrive early on the exam day – at least half an hour before the exam is due to start.
Things to bring:
- The passport or ID card you used to register for the exam
- A pencil and eraser – remember NO PENS!
- Water in a clear plastic bottle. Don’t forget to remove the label.
When can I get my results?
Results are released two weeks after the exam date. First, you will receive an email from Atlas with your score. A few days later you will receive another email when the score reports are sent by ETS to the school. Afterwards, if you wish, we can send the score reporst to your address.
For more information click on this link for the TOEIC Examinee Handbook
If you would like to register for the TOEIC Exam in Dublin just complete our Online Exam Registration Form. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us anytime under +353 (0)1 478 2845 or send us email to [email protected].