5. Martin Parrott, Grammar for English Language Teachers (2nd ed.), CUP.
A detailed guide to English grammar with exercises for self-study (including answer key) and information on common student problems.
6. Michael Lewis, The English Verb: An Exploration of Structure and Meaning, Thomson Heinle.
7. Michael Swan, Practical English Usage, OUP
An excellent reference book on English. You’ll refer to it again and again during your career as a teacher.
8. Rod Bolitho & Brian Tomlinson, Discover English, Macmillan
Gives you lots of insights and helps you become more aware of how English works.
9. Raymond Murphy, English Grammar in Use, CUP
Written for foreign learners, but good for prospective teachers to review their knowledge of English grammar. Also useful as a source of lesson exercises. Available at 3 levels – we recommend you choose Intermediate or Advanced.