Teach at Atlas
THE TEACHING POSITIONS
Teach learners from around the world to communicate accurately, fluently and confidently in English. We are looking for enthusiastic and experienced teachers to work at our year-round school in Portobello, Dublin 2, or at one of our summer Atlas Junior centres in Ireland or the UK.
Teachers of English to adults (summer and/or year-round)
The adult year-round school is located in Portobello House on South Richmond Street, Dublin 2. Typically, you would be working with a teaching partner and be responsible for delivering quality communicative lessons that engage and challenge the students. We recruit individual teachers year-round, but do also look to employ small groups of teachers on an ongoing basis from the end of January and also from June-time each year.
Teachers of English to juniors (summer only)
The Atlas Junior centres in Ireland (Rathmines, Dublin 6 and Galway) and in the UK (Bristol and Chichester) deliver a range of courses to 11 to 17 year-olds on short summer programmes. We start recruiting for these centres from January each year.
Evening English teachers (year-round)
We run part-time General English and Cambridge English exam classes two evenings per week. The classes run on Mondays and Wednesdays, 6.30pm to 8.30pm.
Modern Language Teachers (year-round)
We also run part-time Modern Language classes in French, German, Portuguese, Italian, Spanish and Irish. The classes run on Mondays and/or Wednesdays, 6.30pm to 8.30pm.
Atlas Professional (In-Company) Teachers (year-round)
Our Atlas Professional service offers in-company Business English and MFL classes in and around the Dublin area. The classes are offered either intensively over a short period or extensively over a longer period.
What You’ll Do
- Plan and deliver motivating and challenging lessons.
- Adapt your teaching style to meet the needs of students from a variety of countries and cultural backgrounds.
- Develop a positive rapport with both students and other staff members.
- Bring open thinking and a willingness to develop into your teaching.
- Select and develop supplementary teaching and learning materials to support teaching and learning at Atlas.
- Assist, from time to time, with course development through participation in level and course evaluations.
You’ll rock at this if:
- You can confidently and effectively communicate ideas in easy to understand ways.
- You are passionate about teaching and learning and developing your skills.
- You value self-direction and creativity, and can work successfully with others.
- You have held previous teaching posts elsewhere in Europe and/or further afield.
- You love to give and receive honest, thoughtful feedback and are keen to take Continuous Professional Development opportunities.