TEFL Teacher Training
Our TEFL Teacher Training in Ireland leads to an internationally recognised qualification (CELT). We created it for people without previous teaching experience who wish to enter the profession of English language teaching to adults. Our TEFL courses are also appropriate for those with some ELT experience, but no formal qualification or training. Also, teachers from other fields interested in developing a career in English language teaching will find our course useful.
We offer both full-time and part-time TEFL courses. These courses are highly practical in approach. We designed our TEFL Teacher Training in Ireland to enable participants to develop following skills:
- Basic skills for teaching English in the language classroom
- Familiarity with the principles and practice of effective English language teaching
- Awareness of language and knowledge of the description of English and application of it in professional practise
- Familiarity with appropriate resources and materials for use with adult learners of English for teaching, testing and for reference.
- Appreciation for the methods to monitor and evaluate learners’ language learning needs, competence and achievements.
- Promoting of learners’ autonomy.
- The cost of our TEFL course is €950 (this includes the ACELS CELT Certificate Fee) plus a €50 Registration Fee.
- Candidates who pay in full four weeks before the start of the course will be eligible for a €50 reduction of total course cost. They will not need to pay the Registration Fee.
- To secure an offer of a place on one of our TEFL courses, we require a deposit of €100 after acceptance on the course.
- Final payment of the balance must be made two weeks before the start of the course.
So what exactly do you get for your money?
The price of €950 includes the course fees and the ACELS registration fee of €50.
Ordinarily, you would also be required to purchase at least three books. This would add another €60 to €70 to the cost of the course. However, at Atlas, we’ll lend you the required books for the duration of the course.
Having a CELT certificate, along with a university degree, is your passport to employment worldwide. You will qualify for employment with private English language schools that are recognised by the Department of Education & Science in Ireland. Visit the ACELS site for more information about accredited schools. The CELT is also accepted for employment in other jurisdictions, e.g., accredited schools in the UK and across the EU, Asia and Australia. The course also includes workshops on finding teaching work at good quality schools in Ireland and abroad after the course. Trainees following the TEFL course at Atlas will, of course, have a foot in the door for future teaching work at Atlas.
If you would like to find out more information regarding our TEFL courses or to enquire about availability, please contact us today. You can get in touch using our enquiry form, or alternatively, if you prefer to discuss our TEFL courses over the telephone, you can do so on: +353 (0)1-478-2845. You can also find out more information regarding our TEFL courses by visiting our Teacher Training Website.