TOEIC Exam in Dublin
On this page you will find out more about the TOEIC Exam in Dublin. For instance, what is it, how to register, what are the benefits, how to prepare with Atlas and much more. Use the menu below for more information:
- What is TOEIC?
- The Structure of the Exam
- TOEIC at Atlas Language School
What is TOEIC?
The TOEIC (Test Of English for International Communication) Listening and Reading Test is the world’s most widely-used test of workplace English. Recognised and trusted by many of the largest and most prestigious companies in Asia (China, Japan, Malaysia, South Korea, and Thailand), Europe (France), and South America (Chile), the TOEIC Listening and Reading Test can open test-takers greater career opportunities and improved competitiveness in today’s global working environment.
The TOEIC is one of the English-language exams offered by ETS Global, a non-profit organisation operating in over 60 countries worldwide.
The TOEIC Listening and Reading Test tests candidates’ proficiency in reading and listening comprehension in common life and work situations. Unfortunately, at Atlas we do not currently offer TOEIC Speaking and Writing Tests.
Go to top
The Structure of the Exam
The TOEIC Reading and Listening Test takes approximately two and a half hours and consists of three sections.
Section I – Background Questionnaire
Test-takers provide biographical information.
Section II – Listening Comprehension – 100 questions (45 minutes)
Test takers listen to recordings and answer questions. In addition, the recordings feature American, Australian, British and Canadian accents.
- First Part – Photographs
- Second Part – Question Response
- Third Part – Conversations
- Forth Part – Short Talks
Section III – Reading Comprehension – 100 questions (75 minutes)
Test takers read materials based on real-world workplace situations and answer questions.
- Listening Test scores are scaled from 5 – 495 with three proficiency descriptions provided.
- Reading Test scores are scaled from 5 – 495 with four proficiency descriptors provided.
- Total Test scores are scaled from 10 – 990.
TOEIC Listening and Reading Test scores are correlated with the CEFR.
Go to top
TOEIC at Atlas Language School
See here for a full list of dates for 2019. Tests usually take place on Friday afternoon, with a start time of 2.00pm. Group bookings are accepted. Please see below for current fees.
Go to top
Booking an exam
- Apply online by filling in our Online Booking Form.
- Firt, you will receive an automated email from us.
- Second, uou will receive a second email with pre-booking details and information on how to pay.
- Third, you will need to make the payment to finalise your registration.
- Finally, you will receive a confirmation letter from us (via email) with all the information about the test.
How much do I need to pay?
The fee is €120 per exam. Moreover, you will receive a score report. In addition there is a postage charge of €10 if you wish to have your score report sent directly to your home address.
€120 per test taker + €80 per exam room and Test Centre Administrator (Invigilator)
Once you have booked the exam we will send you an invoice with payment information.
You may pay by Bank Transfer or through PaytoStudy.
It is possible to arrange a payment by credit card or by cash here at the school. Please note that we can only confirm your place on the exam and finalise your exam registration once we have received payment. You have to send the payment before the registration deadline. In order to avoid disappointment and to secure your place on the exam we suggest registering early.
How can I prepare for the exam?
In order to get ready for your exam Atlas offers several options:
- TOEIC Plus exam preparation class (five hours weekly over two afternoons, usually Tuesday 2.00pm – 4.30pm and Thursday 2.00pm – 4.30pm).
- A full mock (practice) test in the week of your exam (as part of your course at Atlas).
- Top Tips blog posts with useful advice from experienced teachers aimed at ensuring you maximise your exam performance.
What do I need to bring on the day?
First of all, make sure you arrive early on the exam day – at least half an hour before the exam is due to start.
Things to bring:
- The passport or ID card you used to register for the exam
- A pencil and eraser – remember NO PENS!
- Water in a clear plastic bottle. Don’t forget to remove the label.
When can I get my results?
Results are released two weeks after the exam date. First, you will receive an email from Atlas with your score. A few days later you will receive another email when the score reports are sent by ETS to the school. Afterwards, if you wish, we can send the score reporst to your address.
For more information click on this link for the TOEIC Examinee Handbook
If you would like to register for the TOEIC Exam in Dublin just complete our Online Exam Registration Form. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us anytime under +353 (0)1 478 2845 or send us email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
"I really like the atmosphere in the school, because it is a mixture of so many different cultures from all over the world."
"Being a student at Atlas is not just about learning English but also about cultural experiences and understanding your attitude to different cultures, mentalities and politics."
"I love Atlas! I love that the school offers different afternoon classes, for example drama or English through music."
"I haven’t only improved my English, I also learned about other cultures and this changed my way of thinking and it opened my horizon"
"My teacher is very patient when someone makes a mistake. I like that the school organizes many activities."