Cambridge English: First (FCE) Preparation
The Cambridge English First (FCE) is a University of Cambridge ESOL examination. In fact, it is for people who use everyday written and spoken English at an upper-intermediate level (level B2 in the CEFR). All in all, the Cambridge First examination is an extremely popular, internationally recognised qualification in English.
What does the Cambridge English First exam consist of?
In the Cambridge First exam 4 language skills are tested:
- Reading and Use of English – Shows that you can understand texts from publications such as books, newspapers and magazines. (75 minutes)
- Writing – Shows that you can write different text types, such as an essay, report or a letter. (80 minutes)
- Listening – Shows that you can follow a range of spoken materials, such as news and everyday conversations. (40 minutes)
- Speaking – Shows that you can communicate effectively in face-to-face situations. (14 minutes)
What are the features of our Cambridge English First preparation courses?
- Experienced Cambridge First preparation teachers who know and understand the exam
- Focus on improving skills and exam technique
- All Cambridge First courses developed and supervised by our Academic Manager who is a Cambridge examiner
- Full mock exam prepared and corrected to Cambridge standards
"I really like the atmosphere in the school, because it is a mixture of so many different cultures from all over the world."
"Being a student at Atlas is not just about learning English but also about cultural experiences and understanding your attitude to different cultures, mentalities and politics."
"I love Atlas! I love that the school offers different afternoon classes, for example drama or English through music."
"I haven’t only improved my English, I also learned about other cultures and this changed my way of thinking and it opened my horizon"
"My teacher is very patient when someone makes a mistake. I like that the school organizes many activities."