- Course Dates: 29th June – 24th July, 2020
- Age Range: 9 – 17 years old
- Maximum class size: 15
- Courses: JP20
Located on the south coast of England, just one hour from Gatwick airport, Chichester is a charming and lively city shaped by a unique heritage. This beautiful city dates back to the Roman times and is steeped in history and character. Chichester is only 10 minutes from the coast where there are many seaside villages to explore as well as a number of popular beaches. The Junior Summer Programme allows students to explore Chichester as well as day trips to nearby cities such as London, Brighton and Portsmouth.
Campus: University of Chichester
Our Junior Summer Programme takes place in the University of Chichester and offers a variety of courses. The university is just a 10 minute walk to the historic town centre and has state of the art facilities. For intance a newly-built sports complex, large spacious classrooms, a fully-equipped canteen, shops, library, computer labs and much more.
Features of University of Chichester include:
- State-of-the-art spacious classrooms
- Student computer room and WiFi
- Large common areas for students to use at break and lunchtime
- Indoor and outdoor sports facilities available nearby
- Large, fully equipped canteen serving hot food
The accommodation is on campus in modern, apartment style complexes with shared bathrooms, living room and kitchen. The students are housed across different buildings as well as split by age and gender. In addition, there is an Atlas staff member living in each building.
Features of the Residence include:
- Twin rooms with shared bathroom
- Shared kitchen and living room for every 4 to 6 rooms
- Large, comfortable common area
- Breakfast, hot lunch and hot dinner provided in canteen
- Evening activities 6 nights a week
| ||1 week||2 weeks||3 weeks||4 weeks|
|Junior Fluency (JP20)||-||£1440||£2160||£2880|
|Junior Fluency Plus (JP26)||-||£1540||£2310||£3080|
|Junior Fluency Plus FCE (JP26FCE)||-||£1580||£2370||£3160|
|Airport transfer London Heathrow:||£140 / each way|
|Airport transfer London Gatwick:||£130 / each way|
|Terms and Conditions.pdf|
- Classes in mixed groups
- On campus accommodation
- 2 half-day excursions per week
- 6 evening activities per week
- 1 full day excursions on weekends (e.g. London, Brighton and Portsmouth)
- All course materials
- End of course certificate
Junior Fluency (JP20)
- 15 hours group tuition per week (20 lessons of 45 minutes)
Our theme-based syllabus has been developed around young learners’ needs and interests. For this reason, the classes concentrate on communicative English with lots of small-group and pair-work activity. During our social programme activities students use English through sports, crafts and culture for the purpose of further expansion of their learning in fun and challenging contexts.
Atlas Language School has a moral and legal obligation to ensure that all Atlas staff given responsibility for, or access to, young people under 18 years of age, provide those young people with the highest possible standard of care. Atlas is committed to devising and implementing policies so that all staff, or other adults with considerable access to persons under 18 as a result of Atlas activities, are aware of and accept their responsibilities to safeguard and protect persons under 18 from harm and abuse. This means following procedures to protect persons under 18 and report any concerns about their welfare to appropriate staff and authorities. Atlas Language School is committed to ensuring that:
- the welfare of persons under 18 is paramount
- all persons under 18, whatever their age, culture, disability, gender, language, racial origin, religious beliefs and/or sexual identity have rights in general and in particular the right to protection from all types of abuse
- all suspicions and allegations of abuse and poor practice will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately
- all staff are covered by this policy and all staff have a responsibility to report concerns to the appropriate person, the Designated Safeguarding Officer (DSO)/Centre Manager or the Vice-DSO/Academic Director
- all staff receive appropriate training
- this policy is disseminated to all staff, read by all staff and understood by all staff
Atlas Language School has a duty of care to safeguard all persons under 18 from harm. All persons under 18 have a right to protection, and the needs of disabled persons under 18 and others who may be particularly vulnerable must be taken into account. Atlas Language School will ensure the safety and protection of all persons under 18 through adherence to the Child Protection guidelines adopted by Atlas Language School.
To see our full Safeguarding Policy click here (PDF).
Atlas Junior Brochure.pdf
Atlas Junior Chichester Terms & Conditions.pdf
Atlas Junior Chichester Complaints Policy.pdf