Cambridge English: First (FCE) Preparation
The Cambridge English First (FCE) is a University of Cambridge ESOL examination designed for people who use everyday written and spoken English at an upper-intermediate level (level B2 in the CEFR) . The Cambridge First examination is an extremely popular, internationally recognised qualification in English.
What does the Cambridge English First exam consist of?
In the Cambridge First exam 4 language skills are tested:
- Reading and Use of English – Shows that you can understand texts from publications such as books, newspapers and magazines. (75 minutes)
- Writing – Shows that you can write different text types, such as an essay, report or a letter. (80 minutes)
- Listening – Shows that you can follow a range of spoken materials, such as news and everyday conversations. (40 minutes)
- Speaking – Shows that you can communicate effectively in face-to-face situations. (14 minutes)
What are the features of our Cambridge English First preparation courses?
- Experienced Cambridge First preparation teachers who know and understand the exam
- Focus on improving skills and exam technique
- All Cambridge First courses developed and supervised by our Academic Manager who is a Cambridge examiner
- Full mock exam prepared and corrected to Cambridge standards
"I really like the atmosphere in the school, because it is a mixture of so many different cultures from all over the world."
"Being a student at Atlas is not just about learning English but also about cultural experiences and understanding your attitude to different cultures, mentalities and politics."
"I love Atlas! I love that the school offers different afternoon classes, for example drama or English through music."
"I haven’t only improved my English, I also learned about other cultures and this changed my way of thinking and it opened my horizon"
"My teacher is very patient when someone makes a mistake. I like that the school organizes many activities."